At Goldbay Laser Clinic we offer a safe, long-term solution to unwanted, excess hair, for both men and women. Treatment is suitable for the face and body- is quick, and results can be seen after just one session.
Pain-Free Laser Hair Removal for ALL Skin Types. Laser hair removal treatments remain one of the most in-demand aesthetic procedures in the UK. We use an Advanced, Medical Grade System at competitive prices from the UK’s No. 1 Laser Hair Removal Company Lynton: Lynton Lasers are a Multi Award Winning, world leading Aesthetic Laser supplier. They are renowned for developing cutting-edge technology, products, and medical-grade aesthetic lasers, supplying to the NHS, and the Private Health Sector. Our Laser Hair Removal Specialist has been trained to the highest of standards, and is fully insured. Our Initia Diode Laser Hair Removal System is Pain-Free, and is one of the most comfortable laser hair removal systems available today.
Customers described the sensation as a warm massage, because of the in-motion technology now available with state of the art Laser Hair Removal machines.
Why is our Laser different?
- The Initia is FDA approved on tanned skins
- Safe to use on ALL skin types
- Effective on blonde hair due to the effectiveness of the Diode wavelength
- We use Laser NOT IPL
- Market leading Ice tip for comfort
- Our Laser System is from the Award Winning Lynton Lasers., who also supply to the NHS.
OUR MISSION? Is to delight our customers with exceptional service, and results!!
A huge factor in feeling the difference with our Laser system is the cool tip – a technology which offers superior safety and epidermal protection.
Laser hair removal is suitable for both men and women wishing to find a more permanent solution to unwanted hair with longer results than waxing or shaving. Laser hair removal with the Initia Diode System can be performed on any area of the body, including sensitive areas such as the bikini, areola, underarms, face. Full legs can be performed in as little as 20 minutes!
There are so many benefits to not having to continually remove unwanted body hair:
- More time to be you
- No uncomfortable in grown hairs to manage between waxes and shaves
- Save a lot of money in the long run on costly waxes and razor blades
- A huge factor in feeling the difference with our Laser system is the cool tip – a technology which offers superior safety and epidermal protection
How does light-assisted fair removal work?
Light is selectively absorbed by melanin, the pigment in the hair follicle. The light energy heats the pigment, and effectively destroys the hair follicle, without damaging the surrounding cells. The dual wavelength technology in modern lasers means that we can work on all skin types, rather than only fair skin, and dark hair.
How is treatment carried out?
The applicator is placed on the skin, and a short pulse of light is released, which targets many follicles simultaneously. The applicator is then moved to the neighbouring area of skin, and the process is repeated until the entire area is treated. The Initia has an In-motion method allowing for a fast, comfortable treatment; ideal for larger areas such as underarms, legs… The ‘Standard’ method is ideal for smaller area such as top lip, chin…
Eye protective glasses will be worn during the treatment.
Am I suitable for treatment?
Most people are suitable for laser hair removal. Our Laser system works effectively on fair hair, and all skin types, because of the effectiveness of the Diode wavelength. A thorough Consultation will always be carried out prior to treatment.
How does the treatment feel?
The Laser we use feels like a warm massage. No painkillers needed! Our Laser has two modes: in-motion, and standard.
What will I see after the treatment?
The hair follicles are damaged by heat, but the hairs remain in the follicles. The dead hairs shed after 1 – 3 weeks as the epidermis renews. During this period, the hairs will seem to ‘grow’ as they are pushed out by the new epidermis (top layer of skin). Some hairs can ”pop” out immediately during treatment.
How long does each treatment take?
Treatments can take as little as 5 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area.
Are there any side effects?
Laser Hair removal with the Initia Diode System is perfectly safe.
The skin may be red immediately after treatment, and the hair follicles may be swollen, and bumpy, but this is a perfectly normal reaction, and will usually subside within a few hours. Unwanted reactions are extremely rare, but may include a small blister, or temporary lightening or darkening of the skin.
How many treatments are necessary?
Prior to treatment, a Free, no obligation, thorough, confidential consultation will be carried out in which a medical history is taken to confirm suitability for treatment. This is also a good opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have. Before treatment commences, you must provide written consent, and a Patch Test in the area to be treated will be carried out. The consultation and Patch test can be carried out on the same day.
*PATCH TEST*: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HAIR IN THE TREATMENT AREA MUST BE VISIBLE: (1-2 mm in length) PRIOR TO THE PATCH TEST, AS WE WILL NEED TO ASSESS YOUR HAIR TYPE.
*Prior to treatment: The hair in the treatment area must be shaved one or two days before*.
How long should I wait after my patch test before I can begin my first treatment?
You must wait one week after your patch test before starting your first treatment.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- The area to be treated should be FREE FROM MAKE-UP. PERFUME, DEODRANT, AND BODY OR FACE CREAMS. Please do not use spray deodorant prior to treatment.
- AVOID WAXING, PLUCKING, HAIR REMOVAL CREAMS, AND BLEACHING FOR ONE MONTH PRIOR TO HAIR REMOVAL. HAIR SHOULD BE SHAVED PRIOR TO TREATMENT, AND BE NO LONGER THAN 1mm in length.
- There should be NO ACTIVE OR FAKE TAN in the AREA TO BE TREATED. Use of SUNBEDS OR PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT is NOT ALLOWED in the MONTH PRIOR TO TREATMENT, and an SPF 50 must be used on the area between treatments. Although our Initia Laser System can treat ALL skin types, SUNTANS MUST BE LEFT TO FADE BEFORE COMMENCING WITH TREATMENTS. Treatments will not be carried out if the tan is less than one month old.
- We reserve the right to charge for any appointment booked but abandoned due to active sun-tan, or fake tan.
- A MEDICAL HISTORY is taken at consultation, but we rely on you to inform us of any changes to this. We need to know of any medication you are taking including those bought from a chemist or herbalist.
- AVOID EXPOSURE TO SUNLIGHT, SUNBEDS. USE A SUNSCREEN (SPF 30 + ), and protect the treated area as much as possible between treatments and for ONE MINIMUM ONE MONTH AFTER TREATMENT ENDS.
- To prevent trauma in the treated area during the first three or four days after treatment, PLEASE AVOID EXCESSIVELY HOT BATHS, STRENUOUS EXERCISE, MASSAGES, SAUNA AND STEAM, SCRUBS.
- Applying a soothing serum is beneficial for a few days after treatment. We stock specific after-care cream, and can advise on the best one for you to use.
“Absolutely amazing! Julia was so lovely, considerate and very professional. She provided a lot of information about the treatment and after care and was very helpful. I saw results after just the patch test and I’m very excited to see the outcome!”
“I would thoroughly recommend Julia, she has an amazing laser hair removal machine and her results are fantastic”
”Julia is passionate and professional, really excited to start my course, during the patch test, I barely felt a thing, and the machine is really modern looking, I have had laser a few places before but normally painful and with inconsistent results, really keen to get started here!”
”I would thoroughly recommend Julia, she has an amazing laser hair removal machine and her results are fantastic” x
”It’s been a while since I found a therapist I feel this comfortable with. Julia is a star always makes me feel like I’m brand new”